If you have a copy of T-Pain’s Epiphany available, put it in your CD player and skip to track number nine. Once the song begins to play you’ll notice that it’s a collaborative effort, featuring Konvict crooner Ray Lavender on the hook. And while the track was never pushed as a single off Epiphany, it has been resurrected for placement on Ray L’s forthcoming self-titled debut. In addition to renaming his album (formerly titled X-Rayted), the Atlanta native reworked the T-Pain production, writing two full verses to compliment his previously-penned hook. Accompanying his current radio single, Stay (for which he just shot a video), Put It Down shows off Ray’s vocal abilities, in addition to capturing his talents as a song-writer.
Written by DJ Z on 04/8/08
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.