In September of ‘08, the first two albums from the Geffen/Interscope umbrella label KonLive distribution were released; Kardinal Offishall‘s Not 4 Sale and Colby O’Donis‘s self-titled debut. Those who have heard either know that the very first Konvict signee (and most in-demand collaborator in the world), T-Pain, assisted on a single track off each of the projects. Next up for KLD is an artist who has been patiently waiting in the wings for almost two years. Unlike his labelmates, however, Ray Lavender has chosen his collabo record, Pop My Collar, as his next single. As the title implies, Ray and Teddy devote their vocals to spitting game (with plenty of autotuner involved). Despite the lack of a set release date for Lavender’s self-titled debut, Pop My Collar has the potential to gain enough spins, which should konvince the label execs to grab their calendars.
Written by Burmy on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.