If only every rapper’s struggle produced music like this. Minneapolis emcee Ray LaCrooks redirects the fatigue and hunger from countless days and nights into a motivational story that proves that selling drugs and gang banging isn’t the solution to the problems in the streets. Ray’s Booth debut and his latest single, Up All Night (All Day), is a testament to the saying that “pressure creates diamonds.” The repetition in the hook of day and night, over TEk‘s peaceful piano melody, simulates the never ending cycle of grinding that he’s put himself through to get his flow up to par. Now that he’s on tour and romancing girls he would have never met otherwise, which means Ray will write a love letter to you (after that one night stand). He’s not the kind of guy not to. Up All Night (All Day) will appear on his upcoming project, Too Soon To Tell, set to drop tomorrow, April 29.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)