If only every rapper’s struggle produced music like this. Minneapolis emcee Ray LaCrooks redirects the fatigue and hunger from countless days and nights into a motivational story that proves that selling drugs and gang banging isn’t the solution to the problems in the streets. Ray’s Booth debut and his latest single, Up All Night (All Day), is a testament to the saying that “pressure creates diamonds.” The repetition in the hook of day and night, over TEk‘s peaceful piano melody, simulates the never ending cycle of grinding that he’s put himself through to get his flow up to par. Now that he’s on tour and romancing girls he would have never met otherwise, which means Ray will write a love letter to you (after that one night stand). He’s not the kind of guy not to. Up All Night (All Day) will appear on his upcoming project, Too Soon To Tell, set to drop tomorrow, April 29.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.