If only every rapper’s struggle produced music like this. Minneapolis emcee Ray LaCrooks redirects the fatigue and hunger from countless days and nights into a motivational story that proves that selling drugs and gang banging isn’t the solution to the problems in the streets. Ray’s Booth debut and his latest single, Up All Night (All Day), is a testament to the saying that “pressure creates diamonds.” The repetition in the hook of day and night, over TEk‘s peaceful piano melody, simulates the never ending cycle of grinding that he’s put himself through to get his flow up to par. Now that he’s on tour and romancing girls he would have never met otherwise, which means Ray will write a love letter to you (after that one night stand). He’s not the kind of guy not to. Up All Night (All Day) will appear on his upcoming project, Too Soon To Tell, set to drop tomorrow, April 29.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.