Ray Lavender, aka Ray-L, is the latest artist to be signed to the ever-growing Konvict record label. The 23-year-old is aiming to break into the charts with the single Donkey Kong, from his upcoming debut album X-Rayted. This is a typical Konvict release – the hook, although catchy, sounds similar to other 2007 hits produced by Akon. In Ray-L’s quest to “Get that fanny up out them jeans”, the chorus features a slowed-down voice proclaiming, “She got that Donkey Kong bouncin’ in that blouse.” You will laugh; I know I did. How did Donkey Kong become a synonym for the female anatomy? At any rate, be on the lookout for more suggestive songs (possibly about Nintendo) on X-Rayted, in stores this September.
Written by Beeb on 06/29/07
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label