Ray Lavender, aka Ray-L, is the latest artist to be signed to the ever-growing Konvict record label. The 23-year-old is aiming to break into the charts with the single Donkey Kong, from his upcoming debut album X-Rayted. This is a typical Konvict release – the hook, although catchy, sounds similar to other 2007 hits produced by Akon. In Ray-L’s quest to “Get that fanny up out them jeans”, the chorus features a slowed-down voice proclaiming, “She got that Donkey Kong bouncin’ in that blouse.” You will laugh; I know I did. How did Donkey Kong become a synonym for the female anatomy? At any rate, be on the lookout for more suggestive songs (possibly about Nintendo) on X-Rayted, in stores this September.
Written by Beeb on 06/29/07
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.