Ray Lavender, aka Ray-L, is the latest artist to be signed to the ever-growing Konvict record label. The 23-year-old is aiming to break into the charts with the single Donkey Kong, from his upcoming debut album X-Rayted. This is a typical Konvict release – the hook, although catchy, sounds similar to other 2007 hits produced by Akon. In Ray-L’s quest to “Get that fanny up out them jeans”, the chorus features a slowed-down voice proclaiming, “She got that Donkey Kong bouncin’ in that blouse.” You will laugh; I know I did. How did Donkey Kong become a synonym for the female anatomy? At any rate, be on the lookout for more suggestive songs (possibly about Nintendo) on X-Rayted, in stores this September.
Written by Beeb on 06/29/07
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.