Ray Lavender, aka Ray-L, is the latest artist to be signed to the ever-growing Konvict record label. The 23-year-old is aiming to break into the charts with the single Donkey Kong, from his upcoming debut album X-Rayted. This is a typical Konvict release – the hook, although catchy, sounds similar to other 2007 hits produced by Akon. In Ray-L’s quest to “Get that fanny up out them jeans”, the chorus features a slowed-down voice proclaiming, “She got that Donkey Kong bouncin’ in that blouse.” You will laugh; I know I did. How did Donkey Kong become a synonym for the female anatomy? At any rate, be on the lookout for more suggestive songs (possibly about Nintendo) on X-Rayted, in stores this September.
Written by Beeb on 06/29/07
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.