Ray Lavender, aka Ray-L, is the latest artist to be signed to the ever-growing Konvict record label. The 23-year-old is aiming to break into the charts with the single Donkey Kong, from his upcoming debut album X-Rayted. This is a typical Konvict release – the hook, although catchy, sounds similar to other 2007 hits produced by Akon. In Ray-L’s quest to “Get that fanny up out them jeans”, the chorus features a slowed-down voice proclaiming, “She got that Donkey Kong bouncin’ in that blouse.” You will laugh; I know I did. How did Donkey Kong become a synonym for the female anatomy? At any rate, be on the lookout for more suggestive songs (possibly about Nintendo) on X-Rayted, in stores this September.
Written by Beeb on 06/29/07
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.