On the lead single off his ‘06 junior LP, Ray J shared the One Wish he’d ask to be granted, if he came across a genie in a magic lamp: to be forever united with the girl he’s loved since they both were kids. Roughly five years later, the crooner has returned to offer an update: while he did indeed win her heart for the short term, the “forever” part proved to be tougher than he’d imagined. Thus, he’s got one Last Wish to make. Darkchild rejoins Ray behind the boards, crafting a synth-infused reimagining of the original’s piano-led beat as the singer once again pours out his feelings to that special lady, explaining that, although their relationship’s entered troubled waters, he’s not ready to give up – promising to become a better man, he implores her to keep faith. Will their love weather the storm? Unless Ray decides to make One Wish into a trilogy, we may never know for sure. As for how the song has held up over the years, that’s for you to determine. Those digging it should don their Hazmat suits and prepare to receive a second dose of Raydiation in February of 2011, when the singer’s fifth album hits stores.
Written by richard on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
KO Entertainment/Fifth Amendment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Porno Shit" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.