On the lead single off his ‘06 junior LP, Ray J shared the One Wish he’d ask to be granted, if he came across a genie in a magic lamp: to be forever united with the girl he’s loved since they both were kids. Roughly five years later, the crooner has returned to offer an update: while he did indeed win her heart for the short term, the “forever” part proved to be tougher than he’d imagined. Thus, he’s got one Last Wish to make. Darkchild rejoins Ray behind the boards, crafting a synth-infused reimagining of the original’s piano-led beat as the singer once again pours out his feelings to that special lady, explaining that, although their relationship’s entered troubled waters, he’s not ready to give up – promising to become a better man, he implores her to keep faith. Will their love weather the storm? Unless Ray decides to make One Wish into a trilogy, we may never know for sure. As for how the song has held up over the years, that’s for you to determine. Those digging it should don their Hazmat suits and prepare to receive a second dose of Raydiation in February of 2011, when the singer’s fifth album hits stores.
Written by richard on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
KO Entertainment/Fifth Amendment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Porno Shit" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.