On his last solo feature, April 2013’s I Hit It First, Ray J reminded the world that he planted his flag on Kim Kardashian long before her now-husband ever sighted the coast. Fast-forward just under a year, and he’s much less preoccupied with numerical precedence; he simply wants to get it in. Promo cut Hey Love finds the R&B heavyweight/reality TV star scouring the club for a few dimes to keep him and his well-known homies company. Fresh off the release of Hookah, which was featured on our pages earlier today, Tyga lends his self-assured flow to verse two, and Bad Boy‘s French Montana provides a caked-up closing 16. Undergirding the collaborators’ vocals is a sensual, yet bass-booming instrumental by Trak D. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Ray J has yet to announce any new musical projects for 2014, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
KO Entertainment/Fifth Amendment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Porno Shit" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.