On his last solo feature, April 2013’s I Hit It First, Ray J reminded the world that he planted his flag on Kim Kardashian long before her now-husband ever sighted the coast. Fast-forward just under a year, and he’s much less preoccupied with numerical precedence; he simply wants to get it in. Promo cut Hey Love finds the R&B heavyweight/reality TV star scouring the club for a few dimes to keep him and his well-known homies company. Fresh off the release of Hookah, which was featured on our pages earlier today, Tyga lends his self-assured flow to verse two, and Bad Boy‘s French Montana provides a caked-up closing 16. Undergirding the collaborators’ vocals is a sensual, yet bass-booming instrumental by Trak D. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Ray J has yet to announce any new musical projects for 2014, but we’ll keep you posted on his plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
KO Entertainment/Fifth Amendment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Porno Shit" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.