You know how it goes. You’re out in the club with Ludacris, the Patron’s flowing freely, the music’s bumping, it’s a Celebration. And then Pitbull stops by the table with an entourage of hotties and, well, One Thing Leads to Another. What? You have no idea what that’s like? Yeah, me neither, but apparently Ray J does. Released in conjunction alongside the aforementioned Celebration, Brandy’s brother’s new single amps up the energy with a club-dominated, booty shaking beat from Max Martin guaranteed to have the ladies, well, shaking their backsides, and where there’s booty, there’s Pitbull. Mr. 305 kicks off the song with a typically flowing, half-Spanish verse that sets the stage for Ray J’s electronically influenced crooning. Ok, so it’s not the next Empire State of Mind, but in terms of its intended mission, making the clubs jump, One Thing may just lead to a hit, or maybe even a title and solid release date for Ray J’s upcoming album, which currently has neither. You’re just going to have to keep it locked for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/25/10
Submit your Rating
KO Entertainment/Fifth Amendment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Porno Shit" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.