The holiday season is all about spending time with loved ones. So, when the person who means the most to you walks out of your life just as you’re putting up the tree or lighting the menorah, it puts a serious damper on the festivities. On her latest promo single, Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn reflects on the grim prospect of a Yuletide without a certain man in her life, lamenting, “Without you, it’s Just Another Holiday.” Phatboiz provide a lush, but, appropriately melancholy backdrop for the singer’s vocals, layering soulful keys and synth-string harmonies over a muscular, hip hop-infused rhythm section. This poignant, Britney Barber-penned jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can click here to check out RaVaughn’s last Booth feature, September single Best Friend.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.