As we all know, drunk dialing has a tendency to result in regret and embarrassment. There’s always the chance, however, that the recipient of an intoxicated call or text is in a similar state at that very moment. Such seems to be the case for RaVaughn Brown on I’m So F’d Up, the latest single off her Compound/Columbia debut set. Over an unknown beatsmith’s synth boardwork, the You Better Be Good singer recounts how copious amounts of Moet and Malibu Red spurred her to reach out to an ex. Though she’s well aware that she might be making a terrible mistake (“I must be trippin’, got these spirits in my head.”), she finds the object of her affection (played by guest emcee Fabolous) also in the grips of liquor-induced nostalgia. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for the latest on freshman full-length Love Always, which currently lacks a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.