No, Raheem DeVaughn didn’t decide to collapse his first and last names into a brand new moniker. A new Compound/Columbia signee who has nothing in common with the D.C. crooner except for the job title of “singer,” RaVaughn Brown makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single You Better Be Good. Here, a funky, handclap-laced beat by Jerry Wonda sets the stage for some flirtatious back-and-forth between the headliner and a hopeful suitor—the latter played by MMG‘s own Wale in guest verses on the front and back. Has RaVaughn Brown’s first feature whet your appetite for more? This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from the rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm So F'd Up" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.