No, Raheem DeVaughn didn’t decide to collapse his first and last names into a brand new moniker. A new Compound/Columbia signee who has nothing in common with the D.C. crooner except for the job title of “singer,” RaVaughn Brown makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single You Better Be Good. Here, a funky, handclap-laced beat by Jerry Wonda sets the stage for some flirtatious back-and-forth between the headliner and a hopeful suitor—the latter played by MMG‘s own Wale in guest verses on the front and back. Has RaVaughn Brown’s first feature whet your appetite for more? This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from the rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm So F'd Up" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.