No, Raheem DeVaughn didn’t decide to collapse his first and last names into a brand new moniker. A new Compound/Columbia signee who has nothing in common with the D.C. crooner except for the job title of “singer,” RaVaughn Brown makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single You Better Be Good. Here, a funky, handclap-laced beat by Jerry Wonda sets the stage for some flirtatious back-and-forth between the headliner and a hopeful suitor—the latter played by MMG‘s own Wale in guest verses on the front and back. Has RaVaughn Brown’s first feature whet your appetite for more? This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from the rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm So F'd Up" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)