No, Raheem DeVaughn didn’t decide to collapse his first and last names into a brand new moniker. A new Compound/Columbia signee who has nothing in common with the D.C. crooner except for the job title of “singer,” RaVaughn Brown makes her grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single You Better Be Good. Here, a funky, handclap-laced beat by Jerry Wonda sets the stage for some flirtatious back-and-forth between the headliner and a hopeful suitor—the latter played by MMG‘s own Wale in guest verses on the front and back. Has RaVaughn Brown’s first feature whet your appetite for more? This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from the rising R&B songstress.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm So F'd Up" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.