While it’s typically men who complain about being relegated to the “friend zone,” there are occasions when the shoe’s on the other foot, and it’s the woman who longs to take things beyond the platonic. Case in point: Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn, whose latest single finds her expressing her frustration with a man in her life. Backed by Eric Hudson‘s tuneful guitar/keyboard grooves, the artist firmly states, “I’m not your f**kin’ Best Friend,” and encourages him to hit her up when he gets tired of the “basic fake chicks” he’s been messing with. An unknown director’s creative visuals round out the package. This joint is slated to appear on RaVaughn’s forthcoming Love Always LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but an EP-length “sampler” version was released this past spring.
Written by richard on 09/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.