While it’s typically men who complain about being relegated to the “friend zone,” there are occasions when the shoe’s on the other foot, and it’s the woman who longs to take things beyond the platonic. Case in point: Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn, whose latest single finds her expressing her frustration with a man in her life. Backed by Eric Hudson‘s tuneful guitar/keyboard grooves, the artist firmly states, “I’m not your f**kin’ Best Friend,” and encourages him to hit her up when he gets tired of the “basic fake chicks” he’s been messing with. An unknown director’s creative visuals round out the package. This joint is slated to appear on RaVaughn’s forthcoming Love Always LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but an EP-length “sampler” version was released this past spring.
Written by richard on 09/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)