While it’s typically men who complain about being relegated to the “friend zone,” there are occasions when the shoe’s on the other foot, and it’s the woman who longs to take things beyond the platonic. Case in point: Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn, whose latest single finds her expressing her frustration with a man in her life. Backed by Eric Hudson‘s tuneful guitar/keyboard grooves, the artist firmly states, “I’m not your f**kin’ Best Friend,” and encourages him to hit her up when he gets tired of the “basic fake chicks” he’s been messing with. An unknown director’s creative visuals round out the package. This joint is slated to appear on RaVaughn’s forthcoming Love Always LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but an EP-length “sampler” version was released this past spring.
Written by richard on 09/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.