While it’s typically men who complain about being relegated to the “friend zone,” there are occasions when the shoe’s on the other foot, and it’s the woman who longs to take things beyond the platonic. Case in point: Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn, whose latest single finds her expressing her frustration with a man in her life. Backed by Eric Hudson‘s tuneful guitar/keyboard grooves, the artist firmly states, “I’m not your f**kin’ Best Friend,” and encourages him to hit her up when he gets tired of the “basic fake chicks” he’s been messing with. An unknown director’s creative visuals round out the package. This joint is slated to appear on RaVaughn’s forthcoming Love Always LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but an EP-length “sampler” version was released this past spring.
Written by richard on 09/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.