While it’s typically men who complain about being relegated to the “friend zone,” there are occasions when the shoe’s on the other foot, and it’s the woman who longs to take things beyond the platonic. Case in point: Compound/Columbia R&B songstress RaVaughn, whose latest single finds her expressing her frustration with a man in her life. Backed by Eric Hudson‘s tuneful guitar/keyboard grooves, the artist firmly states, “I’m not your f**kin’ Best Friend,” and encourages him to hit her up when he gets tired of the “basic fake chicks” he’s been messing with. An unknown director’s creative visuals round out the package. This joint is slated to appear on RaVaughn’s forthcoming Love Always LP. The project currently lacks a drop date, but an EP-length “sampler” version was released this past spring.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Better Be Good" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.