Most high school prom experiences are a combination of awkward moments and water bottles filled with vodka; rarely is it as glamorous as Hollywood makes the event out to be… unless, of course, you are Raury‘s date. Sure she get a corsage, but she also gets a vocal bouquet to match. Sunshine, the versatile artist’s second DJBooth feature in as many months, is dedicated to his prom and more importantly his date. Atop a feathery, glistening beat designed by Raury himself the promising up-and-comer impresses with a passionate, diverse yet fluid approach that blends a laidback flow with his impressive subdued crooning. If this effort was as memorable as your prom, be sure to check out his last feature on our pages, the highly-rated God’s Whisper.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.