Most high school prom experiences are a combination of awkward moments and water bottles filled with vodka; rarely is it as glamorous as Hollywood makes the event out to be… unless, of course, you are Raury‘s date. Sure she get a corsage, but she also gets a vocal bouquet to match. Sunshine, the versatile artist’s second DJBooth feature in as many months, is dedicated to his prom and more importantly his date. Atop a feathery, glistening beat designed by Raury himself the promising up-and-comer impresses with a passionate, diverse yet fluid approach that blends a laidback flow with his impressive subdued crooning. If this effort was as memorable as your prom, be sure to check out his last feature on our pages, the highly-rated God’s Whisper.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God's Whisper" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.