Most high school prom experiences are a combination of awkward moments and water bottles filled with vodka; rarely is it as glamorous as Hollywood makes the event out to be… unless, of course, you are Raury‘s date. Sure she get a corsage, but she also gets a vocal bouquet to match. Sunshine, the versatile artist’s second DJBooth feature in as many months, is dedicated to his prom and more importantly his date. Atop a feathery, glistening beat designed by Raury himself the promising up-and-comer impresses with a passionate, diverse yet fluid approach that blends a laidback flow with his impressive subdued crooning. If this effort was as memorable as your prom, be sure to check out his last feature on our pages, the highly-rated God’s Whisper.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God's Whisper" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.