Most high school prom experiences are a combination of awkward moments and water bottles filled with vodka; rarely is it as glamorous as Hollywood makes the event out to be… unless, of course, you are Raury‘s date. Sure she get a corsage, but she also gets a vocal bouquet to match. Sunshine, the versatile artist’s second DJBooth feature in as many months, is dedicated to his prom and more importantly his date. Atop a feathery, glistening beat designed by Raury himself the promising up-and-comer impresses with a passionate, diverse yet fluid approach that blends a laidback flow with his impressive subdued crooning. If this effort was as memorable as your prom, be sure to check out his last feature on our pages, the highly-rated God’s Whisper.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God's Whisper" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.