Most high school prom experiences are a combination of awkward moments and water bottles filled with vodka; rarely is it as glamorous as Hollywood makes the event out to be… unless, of course, you are Raury‘s date. Sure she get a corsage, but she also gets a vocal bouquet to match. Sunshine, the versatile artist’s second DJBooth feature in as many months, is dedicated to his prom and more importantly his date. Atop a feathery, glistening beat designed by Raury himself the promising up-and-comer impresses with a passionate, diverse yet fluid approach that blends a laidback flow with his impressive subdued crooning. If this effort was as memorable as your prom, be sure to check out his last feature on our pages, the highly-rated God’s Whisper.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"God's Whisper" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.