Raury may be new to both the Booth and the industry, but he’s got one thing even the game’s heaviest hitters don’t: a direct line to the Man Upstairs. On his latest promotional single, the East ATLien artist, songwriter and producer reveals, “I hear God’s Whispers.” Not audacious enough for you? Well, he directly follows that up with an even bolder claim: “I am the savior.” In a methodical, half-sung, half-spoken delivery, Raury outlines his messianic ambitions. To accompany his lofty pronouncements, he cooks up an anthemic beat fueled by sweeping percussion and acoustic-guitar strums. Director Andrew Donocho makes stylish use of slow-motion in his official visuals. Whether or not you believe Raury represents the salvation of the human race (I’ma need to hear a couple more dope songs to convince me of that.), this loosie offers a tantalizing taste of what he can accomplish on the musical tip. If you’re feeling it, watch our pages for further news and tunes from this promising Southern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.