Raury may be new to both the Booth and the industry, but he’s got one thing even the game’s heaviest hitters don’t: a direct line to the Man Upstairs. On his latest promotional single, the East ATLien artist, songwriter and producer reveals, “I hear God’s Whispers.” Not audacious enough for you? Well, he directly follows that up with an even bolder claim: “I am the savior.” In a methodical, half-sung, half-spoken delivery, Raury outlines his messianic ambitions. To accompany his lofty pronouncements, he cooks up an anthemic beat fueled by sweeping percussion and acoustic-guitar strums. Director Andrew Donocho makes stylish use of slow-motion in his official visuals. Whether or not you believe Raury represents the salvation of the human race (I’ma need to hear a couple more dope songs to convince me of that.), this loosie offers a tantalizing taste of what he can accomplish on the musical tip. If you’re feeling it, watch our pages for further news and tunes from this promising Southern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.