Raury may be new to both the Booth and the industry, but he’s got one thing even the game’s heaviest hitters don’t: a direct line to the Man Upstairs. On his latest promotional single, the East ATLien artist, songwriter and producer reveals, “I hear God’s Whispers.” Not audacious enough for you? Well, he directly follows that up with an even bolder claim: “I am the savior.” In a methodical, half-sung, half-spoken delivery, Raury outlines his messianic ambitions. To accompany his lofty pronouncements, he cooks up an anthemic beat fueled by sweeping percussion and acoustic-guitar strums. Director Andrew Donocho makes stylish use of slow-motion in his official visuals. Whether or not you believe Raury represents the salvation of the human race (I’ma need to hear a couple more dope songs to convince me of that.), this loosie offers a tantalizing taste of what he can accomplish on the musical tip. If you’re feeling it, watch our pages for further news and tunes from this promising Southern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.