Those who read these pages regularly know time and time again I’ve asked, “Who’s going to be the next DMV artist to truly blow after Wale?”, a question that has so far gone unanswered. Could RAtheMC be that answer? Mainstream success is certainly sounding like less of a long shot with every new record she drops, including today’s One Shot. While AB the Producer crafts a swirling, synth-driven beat with instant head-nodding appeal, RA once again takes charge of the mic, dropping carefully crafted flows that touch on everything from her love for her native land to some very lofty comparisons: “I’m the Jordan of the new school, had to put the Nikes on, had a lot of dark nights, slept with the lights on.” Most rappers only get one shot at making the big time, and RA’s certainly taking her best one. From D.C. to the top? Find out what RA has in store for the world when her upcoming free album Heart of a Champion drops August 31, right here on DJBooth’s homepage.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.