Many of the geographical regions to win the most Booth acclaim have yet to make it to the big-time (New England, Pittsburgh, and the Twin Cities being a few examples). Tonight, our front page is dominated by three favorites from the DMV (D.C.-Maryland-Virginia); in addition to Tabi Bonney‘s Nothing But A Hero and Wale‘s Pretty Girls, we are proud to present a Booth-exclusive premiere from RAtheMC, the femcee whose acclaimed freestyle has inspired a few fellow female up-and-comers to submit their work to the Booth. Recorded during the ‘09 NBA Playoffs run (but shelved thanks to the shenanigans of Dwight Howard and company), the track finds RA and production sidekick Judah comparing themselves to basketball’s top two superstars, shouting, “I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe!” RA’s flow will undoubtedly remind readers of quite a few pre-Kim & Foxy femcees, and Judah’s sax-laced beat adds to the old-school vibe. DMV stand up! And if you’re a female emcee looking to make your mark on our front page, be sure to take notes—I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe has all the key components of a DJBooth-certified hit.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.