Many of the geographical regions to win the most Booth acclaim have yet to make it to the big-time (New England, Pittsburgh, and the Twin Cities being a few examples). Tonight, our front page is dominated by three favorites from the DMV (D.C.-Maryland-Virginia); in addition to Tabi Bonney‘s Nothing But A Hero and Wale‘s Pretty Girls, we are proud to present a Booth-exclusive premiere from RAtheMC, the femcee whose acclaimed freestyle has inspired a few fellow female up-and-comers to submit their work to the Booth. Recorded during the ‘09 NBA Playoffs run (but shelved thanks to the shenanigans of Dwight Howard and company), the track finds RA and production sidekick Judah comparing themselves to basketball’s top two superstars, shouting, “I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe!” RA’s flow will undoubtedly remind readers of quite a few pre-Kim & Foxy femcees, and Judah’s sax-laced beat adds to the old-school vibe. DMV stand up! And if you’re a female emcee looking to make your mark on our front page, be sure to take notes—I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe has all the key components of a DJBooth-certified hit.
Written by Burmy on 07/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.