Many of the geographical regions to win the most Booth acclaim have yet to make it to the big-time (New England, Pittsburgh, and the Twin Cities being a few examples). Tonight, our front page is dominated by three favorites from the DMV (D.C.-Maryland-Virginia); in addition to Tabi Bonney‘s Nothing But A Hero and Wale‘s Pretty Girls, we are proud to present a Booth-exclusive premiere from RAtheMC, the femcee whose acclaimed freestyle has inspired a few fellow female up-and-comers to submit their work to the Booth. Recorded during the ‘09 NBA Playoffs run (but shelved thanks to the shenanigans of Dwight Howard and company), the track finds RA and production sidekick Judah comparing themselves to basketball’s top two superstars, shouting, “I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe!” RA’s flow will undoubtedly remind readers of quite a few pre-Kim & Foxy femcees, and Judah’s sax-laced beat adds to the old-school vibe. DMV stand up! And if you’re a female emcee looking to make your mark on our front page, be sure to take notes—I’m So Lebron, I’m So Kobe has all the key components of a DJBooth-certified hit.
Written by Burmy on 07/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.