With her first Booth feature, RATheMC garnered well-deserved acclaim for the distinctive brand of “retro swagger” she brought to the table. Now, she’s back with the lead single off her debut studio album, which showcases a more aggressive side of the Maryland up-and-comer. Judah once again handles production duties, but in contrast to the mellow, old-school vibe he cultivated on Hater Call, Get Me explodes with in-your-face fanfare from the get-go, and RA adopts a huskier, harder-edged flow to match. Also holding court on Get Me are rising stars Balance, Fred Knuxx, and Wordsmith (who previously worked with RA on his equally triumphant ensemble record, Game Set Point), each of whom spotlights his particular flavor of lyrical freshness. Get Me bodes well for RATheMC’s career going forward, and should invest her with plenty of confidence leading up to next Tuesday, the 27th, when she asks hip-hop fans nationwide, “Are You Not Entertained?”
Written by richard on 01/18/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.