With her first Booth feature, RATheMC garnered well-deserved acclaim for the distinctive brand of “retro swagger” she brought to the table. Now, she’s back with the lead single off her debut studio album, which showcases a more aggressive side of the Maryland up-and-comer. Judah once again handles production duties, but in contrast to the mellow, old-school vibe he cultivated on Hater Call, Get Me explodes with in-your-face fanfare from the get-go, and RA adopts a huskier, harder-edged flow to match. Also holding court on Get Me are rising stars Balance, Fred Knuxx, and Wordsmith (who previously worked with RA on his equally triumphant ensemble record, Game Set Point), each of whom spotlights his particular flavor of lyrical freshness. Get Me bodes well for RATheMC’s career going forward, and should invest her with plenty of confidence leading up to next Tuesday, the 27th, when she asks hip-hop fans nationwide, “Are You Not Entertained?”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!