With her first Booth feature, RATheMC garnered well-deserved acclaim for the distinctive brand of “retro swagger” she brought to the table. Now, she’s back with the lead single off her debut studio album, which showcases a more aggressive side of the Maryland up-and-comer. Judah once again handles production duties, but in contrast to the mellow, old-school vibe he cultivated on Hater Call, Get Me explodes with in-your-face fanfare from the get-go, and RA adopts a huskier, harder-edged flow to match. Also holding court on Get Me are rising stars Balance, Fred Knuxx, and Wordsmith (who previously worked with RA on his equally triumphant ensemble record, Game Set Point), each of whom spotlights his particular flavor of lyrical freshness. Get Me bodes well for RATheMC’s career going forward, and should invest her with plenty of confidence leading up to next Tuesday, the 27th, when she asks hip-hop fans nationwide, “Are You Not Entertained?”
Written by richard on 01/18/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.