With her first Booth feature, RATheMC garnered well-deserved acclaim for the distinctive brand of “retro swagger” she brought to the table. Now, she’s back with the lead single off her debut studio album, which showcases a more aggressive side of the Maryland up-and-comer. Judah once again handles production duties, but in contrast to the mellow, old-school vibe he cultivated on Hater Call, Get Me explodes with in-your-face fanfare from the get-go, and RA adopts a huskier, harder-edged flow to match. Also holding court on Get Me are rising stars Balance, Fred Knuxx, and Wordsmith (who previously worked with RA on his equally triumphant ensemble record, Game Set Point), each of whom spotlights his particular flavor of lyrical freshness. Get Me bodes well for RATheMC’s career going forward, and should invest her with plenty of confidence leading up to next Tuesday, the 27th, when she asks hip-hop fans nationwide, “Are You Not Entertained?”
Written by richard on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.