With her first Booth feature, RATheMC garnered well-deserved acclaim for the distinctive brand of “retro swagger” she brought to the table. Now, she’s back with the lead single off her debut studio album, which showcases a more aggressive side of the Maryland up-and-comer. Judah once again handles production duties, but in contrast to the mellow, old-school vibe he cultivated on Hater Call, Get Me explodes with in-your-face fanfare from the get-go, and RA adopts a huskier, harder-edged flow to match. Also holding court on Get Me are rising stars Balance, Fred Knuxx, and Wordsmith (who previously worked with RA on his equally triumphant ensemble record, Game Set Point), each of whom spotlights his particular flavor of lyrical freshness. Get Me bodes well for RATheMC’s career going forward, and should invest her with plenty of confidence leading up to next Tuesday, the 27th, when she asks hip-hop fans nationwide, “Are You Not Entertained?”
Written by richard on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hater Call" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.