Though RaSun hasn’t dropped off a fresh solo feature since way back in January 2010, the San Fran buzzmaker previously had a dope formula established: mellow, pop-appealing beats, tuneful hooks and Caribbean-accented, romance-themed verses. If his latest feature is any indication, times have changed—or perhaps we were never introduced to the side of his personality he presents to his foes. Making its world premiere in the Booth, unreleased cut My Enemies finds Ra showcasing none of his former vulnerability—instead, his gruff vocals drip with steely resolve. Over Don Juan Cartel‘s synth-sizzling street boardwork, he promises to pray for those who’d like to see him fall, even as he fights them tooth and nail. With the number of rivals the headliner seems to have, it’s a good thing he’s rolling with a couple true homies; Royce Da 5’9” takes point, pledging allegiance to the G-code and shouting-out Slaughterhouse crewmate Crook before passing the mic to West Coast vet The Jacka, who laces the latter two-thirds with tough talk. This hard-nosed selection isn’t attached to RaSun’s forthcoming full-length, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest on the as yet-untitled/unscheduled set.
Written by richard on 09/21/11
Submit your Rating
DonRa Music/Zojak Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Get You Off My Mind ft. The Jacka" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.