As far as the Booth newcomer is concerned RaSoul is just an Ordinary Man, chasing after his goals and dealing with adversity like all the rest. Of course, not everyone has the chops to chronicle the ups and downs of their daily existence as the T-Dot native does on his latest promo single and first Booth feature. Here, a gritty, sampled beat by Still Waters (who also contributes a guest 16) sets the stage for reflective bars about race, art, and the struggle to achieve one’s dreams. Though this cut is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
Mojo Records & Publishing
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"That Way (She)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.