If you follow musical copyright battles, you know that tangling with the Stones (or, more specifically, their rights-holders) is as dangerous as… well… Playing With Fire; just ask Lil Wayne, who had to cut a track by that name from Tha Carter III thanks to a hook “inspired by” Mick Jagger and company’s Play With Fire. Well, either Booth newcomer Rasi Caprice actually managed to clear that sample, or he just enjoys living dangerously, because the DMV native’s debut single is a similar story to Weezy’s joint. Sampled from Ruth Copeland’s cover of the aforementioned Stones classic, Scotty Beans’ rocking beat sets a fittingly hard-nosed mood as Caprice showcases his complexly witty pen game: “They tiramisu, I tear ‘em a new frame, team full of shooters like a Terrapin hoop game.” Topped off with the guest rhymes of iconoclastic mic murderer Ras Kass and the eternally-pimpin Wais P., Playing With Fire is just as hot as the title suggests. If you’re left craving more, grab a copy of Rasi Caprice’s Loud Pack when it hits stores in the first quarter of 2011.
Written by richard on 12/6/10
Submit your Rating
Red Carpet Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.