With the unrelenting and unfortunate violence that has seemed to plague Chicago for the past several months, Windy City artist Rashid Hadee hopes to add a positive Shine to his city in the form of his latest record. Despite the bleak circumstances surrounding him the emcee attempts to keep both himself and the record optimistic as he raps, “I see many fall, but wanna be the one to rise/ While I’m still alive before I’m headed to the sky.” Vocalist Deonis “Pumah” Cook adds a nice helping of soul to Shine as he takes on the song’s uplifting hook. A stand out element in the record is the bass-driven production, which comes courtesy of Waco, Texas producer S1, who has worked with the likes of Kanye West (Power) and Beyoncé (Best Thing I Never Had). As of now Shine is not attached to any larger project from the Chicago artist, but return to The DJBooth for more Hadee.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!