With the unrelenting and unfortunate violence that has seemed to plague Chicago for the past several months, Windy City artist Rashid Hadee hopes to add a positive Shine to his city in the form of his latest record. Despite the bleak circumstances surrounding him the emcee attempts to keep both himself and the record optimistic as he raps, “I see many fall, but wanna be the one to rise/ While I’m still alive before I’m headed to the sky.” Vocalist Deonis “Pumah” Cook adds a nice helping of soul to Shine as he takes on the song’s uplifting hook. A stand out element in the record is the bass-driven production, which comes courtesy of Waco, Texas producer S1, who has worked with the likes of Kanye West (Power) and Beyoncé (Best Thing I Never Had). As of now Shine is not attached to any larger project from the Chicago artist, but return to The DJBooth for more Hadee.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.