Remember Rashad, the Grand Hustle signee who brought us Tell Em What They Wanna Hear way back in 2008? Well, forget about that guy—I mean, not permanently, just for the time being. This Rashad, an unsigned R&B singer and beatsmith previously heard collaborating with Stalley on Slapp and Summer in America, is a totally different individual. And as long as I’m being pedantic, I guess I should stipulate that his new single, Jam (That’s My Sh*t!) is about the artist’s appreciation for music, not the deliciousness of fruit preserves. Anyways, this unique cut finds the Ohio representative showcasing his skills both on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a soulful yet dissonant (are those microtones I hear?) sampled instrumental which he proceeds to lace with a litany of his musical influences—everyone from D’Angelo and Rick James to Wiz Khalifa, Joni Mitchell and Maze. So, Booth readers, you know what’s coming up: is this your sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative should keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Rashad’s latest project, Museum.
Written by richard on 06/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.