Remember Rashad, the Grand Hustle signee who brought us Tell Em What They Wanna Hear way back in 2008? Well, forget about that guy—I mean, not permanently, just for the time being. This Rashad, an unsigned R&B singer and beatsmith previously heard collaborating with Stalley on Slapp and Summer in America, is a totally different individual. And as long as I’m being pedantic, I guess I should stipulate that his new single, Jam (That’s My Sh*t!) is about the artist’s appreciation for music, not the deliciousness of fruit preserves. Anyways, this unique cut finds the Ohio representative showcasing his skills both on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a soulful yet dissonant (are those microtones I hear?) sampled instrumental which he proceeds to lace with a litany of his musical influences—everyone from D’Angelo and Rick James to Wiz Khalifa, Joni Mitchell and Maze. So, Booth readers, you know what’s coming up: is this your sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative should keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Rashad’s latest project, Museum.
Written by richard on 06/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.