Remember Rashad, the Grand Hustle signee who brought us Tell Em What They Wanna Hear way back in 2008? Well, forget about that guy—I mean, not permanently, just for the time being. This Rashad, an unsigned R&B singer and beatsmith previously heard collaborating with Stalley on Slapp and Summer in America, is a totally different individual. And as long as I’m being pedantic, I guess I should stipulate that his new single, Jam (That’s My Sh*t!) is about the artist’s appreciation for music, not the deliciousness of fruit preserves. Anyways, this unique cut finds the Ohio representative showcasing his skills both on the mic and behind the boards, crafting a soulful yet dissonant (are those microtones I hear?) sampled instrumental which he proceeds to lace with a litany of his musical influences—everyone from D’Angelo and Rick James to Wiz Khalifa, Joni Mitchell and Maze. So, Booth readers, you know what’s coming up: is this your sh*t? Those leaning towards the affirmative should keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Rashad’s latest project, Museum.
Written by richard on 06/23/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.