The second R&B singer signed to T.I.’s Grand Hustle, Rashad knows that the first rule of marketing is to Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear. With that in mind, he decides to spend a day spitting game to all the females, telling each of them he’s looking for a wife and wants to be the father of their kids. Grand Hustle‘s dynamic duo of T.I. and Young Dro help enhance the pimp mode, but it’s Rashad’s simplistic snap-beat (a la ColliPark, circa ‘05) that gives Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear a good shot at the Billboard charts. Tell ‘Em was first heard on Grand Hustle’s In Da Streetz Volume 4 compilation in December of ‘06, but is now the first single off Rashad’s debut album Detroit Love Affair, set to be released sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
Grand Hustle/Atlantic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Bang ft. Rashad" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.