The second R&B singer signed to T.I.’s Grand Hustle, Rashad knows that the first rule of marketing is to Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear. With that in mind, he decides to spend a day spitting game to all the females, telling each of them he’s looking for a wife and wants to be the father of their kids. Grand Hustle‘s dynamic duo of T.I. and Young Dro help enhance the pimp mode, but it’s Rashad’s simplistic snap-beat (a la ColliPark, circa ‘05) that gives Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear a good shot at the Billboard charts. Tell ‘Em was first heard on Grand Hustle’s In Da Streetz Volume 4 compilation in December of ‘06, but is now the first single off Rashad’s debut album Detroit Love Affair, set to be released sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
Grand Hustle/Atlantic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Bang ft. Rashad" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.