The second R&B singer signed to T.I.’s Grand Hustle, Rashad knows that the first rule of marketing is to Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear. With that in mind, he decides to spend a day spitting game to all the females, telling each of them he’s looking for a wife and wants to be the father of their kids. Grand Hustle‘s dynamic duo of T.I. and Young Dro help enhance the pimp mode, but it’s Rashad’s simplistic snap-beat (a la ColliPark, circa ‘05) that gives Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear a good shot at the Billboard charts. Tell ‘Em was first heard on Grand Hustle’s In Da Streetz Volume 4 compilation in December of ‘06, but is now the first single off Rashad’s debut album Detroit Love Affair, set to be released sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
Grand Hustle/Atlantic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Bang ft. Rashad" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.