The second R&B singer signed to T.I.’s Grand Hustle, Rashad knows that the first rule of marketing is to Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear. With that in mind, he decides to spend a day spitting game to all the females, telling each of them he’s looking for a wife and wants to be the father of their kids. Grand Hustle‘s dynamic duo of T.I. and Young Dro help enhance the pimp mode, but it’s Rashad’s simplistic snap-beat (a la ColliPark, circa ‘05) that gives Tell ‘Em What They Wanna Hear a good shot at the Billboard charts. Tell ‘Em was first heard on Grand Hustle’s In Da Streetz Volume 4 compilation in December of ‘06, but is now the first single off Rashad’s debut album Detroit Love Affair, set to be released sometime this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
Grand Hustle/Atlantic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bang Bang ft. Rashad" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.