Fresh off yesterday’s release of his 12th solo LP, West Coast stalwart Rasco makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a fresh single off the project. On Gat in the Mouth, the San Francisco emcee gives his “snot-nosed” progeny a forceful reminder of just how much they owe to him and his fellow “Golden Era vets.” Making his first Booth appearance since dropping off September single Pirate Aura, Fresno-repping neighbor Planet Asia contributes aggressive guest rhymes over Chris Keys’ boom-bap percussion and throwback samples. Has this bruising, lyrically-driven banger left you hungry for seconds? More is just a few mouse-clicks away on Rasco’s United Fakes of America LP, released to iTunes yesterday, November 13.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Get It" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.