Who are the makers, and who are the takers in today’s America? Though political spin doctors would have us believe that wealthy “job creators” are the motor of the economy (a motor that often needs to be primed with massive bailouts), an increasing number of citizens are coming to the radical conclusion that work of value gets done by, you know, workers. Fresh off busting musical and racial stereotypes on Sushi, the inaugural video single off Ras Kass’ forthcoming EP with Doc Hollywood, the West Coast emcee turns his critical gaze on our economic system on follow-up The Great Recession, taking aim at the free-market myths used to justify dismantlement of social services and other regressive policies. Doc Hollywood’s Louie Rubio provides a gritty, choral-sampled beat in addition to directing the politically-charged visuals, and mic-rocking partner Lex Larson echoes Ras’ revolutionary rhetoric on verse two. P.U.M.A. as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can hear more from the collaborators on their recent, DJBooth-hosted Spit No Evil tape.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Cali underground veteran Ras Kass has come together with The DJBooth and Bare Arms Clothing to bring listeners his latest street release, The Barmageddon Mixtape. Hosted by Brooklyn's own DJ Ronin and mixed by San Diego's DJ...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.