A lot of people are scared of Sushi, and rightfully so. One wrong bite and you’re done for, but that risk makes good sushi all the more enjoyable. Truth be told, the same could be said for west coast veteran Ras Kass. Step to Ras wrong and your face might end up screwed on backwards, but if you enjoy raw spitters, it doesn’t get much better. For new single Sushi, which made its world premiere on The DJBooth, Kass recruits producer Illinformed for a beat that’s darkly head-nodding, giving the Arrested Developments emcee a fitting background for his rewind-worthy lines: “Live by the California code/ Crips in the whips / somebody call it a California roll.” For more hip-hop that’s rawer than sushi, keep an ear out for Kass’ upcoming EP, P.U.M.A.. And if you can’t wait, you can cop his Spit No Evil mixtape, available for free stream and download now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/12
West Coast underground mainstay Ras Kass has released his sixth solo studio album, Barmageddon. The project comes on the heels of Booth-hosted prelude The Barmageddon Mixtape, available here for streaming and download....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.