A lot of people are scared of Sushi, and rightfully so. One wrong bite and you’re done for, but that risk makes good sushi all the more enjoyable. Truth be told, the same could be said for west coast veteran Ras Kass. Step to Ras wrong and your face might end up screwed on backwards, but if you enjoy raw spitters, it doesn’t get much better. For new single Sushi, which made its world premiere on The DJBooth, Kass recruits producer Illinformed for a beat that’s darkly head-nodding, giving the Arrested Developments emcee a fitting background for his rewind-worthy lines: “Live by the California code/ Crips in the whips / somebody call it a California roll.” For more hip-hop that’s rawer than sushi, keep an ear out for Kass’ upcoming EP, P.U.M.A.. And if you can’t wait, you can cop his Spit No Evil mixtape, available for free stream and download now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.