A lot of people are scared of Sushi, and rightfully so. One wrong bite and you’re done for, but that risk makes good sushi all the more enjoyable. Truth be told, the same could be said for west coast veteran Ras Kass. Step to Ras wrong and your face might end up screwed on backwards, but if you enjoy raw spitters, it doesn’t get much better. For new single Sushi, which made its world premiere on The DJBooth, Kass recruits producer Illinformed for a beat that’s darkly head-nodding, giving the Arrested Developments emcee a fitting background for his rewind-worthy lines: “Live by the California code/ Crips in the whips / somebody call it a California roll.” For more hip-hop that’s rawer than sushi, keep an ear out for Kass’ upcoming EP, P.U.M.A.. And if you can’t wait, you can cop his Spit No Evil mixtape, available for free stream and download now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)