The setbacks that have plagued Ras Kass’ career to date would have convinced a lesser emcee to throw in the towel, but jail time and label issues don’t seem to have discouraged him in the slightest. His secret? Judging by newly-released single Release Yourself, the slept on West Coast vet is simply having way too much fun to consider quitting. Here, DJ Rhettmatic‘s brass samples and old-school cuts set a fittingly triumphant mood as Kas comes out swinging, flaunting his “creative flow” as he proves he can still go toe-to-toe with anyone in the game: “Give me your Top Ten BET, I’ll make ‘em my main course. And this ain’t designed to sell, this designed to give you sickle-cell and burn in hell.” It’s crystal clear that Ras Kass remains as dedicated to his craft as ever. Those craving more new material from the underground mainstay should keep it locked for all the latest on A.D.I.D.A.S. (All Day I Dream About Spittin’), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 05/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.