The setbacks that have plagued Ras Kass’ career to date would have convinced a lesser emcee to throw in the towel, but jail time and label issues don’t seem to have discouraged him in the slightest. His secret? Judging by newly-released single Release Yourself, the slept on West Coast vet is simply having way too much fun to consider quitting. Here, DJ Rhettmatic‘s brass samples and old-school cuts set a fittingly triumphant mood as Kas comes out swinging, flaunting his “creative flow” as he proves he can still go toe-to-toe with anyone in the game: “Give me your Top Ten BET, I’ll make ‘em my main course. And this ain’t designed to sell, this designed to give you sickle-cell and burn in hell.” It’s crystal clear that Ras Kass remains as dedicated to his craft as ever. Those craving more new material from the underground mainstay should keep it locked for all the latest on A.D.I.D.A.S. (All Day I Dream About Spittin’), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Listen to More: Ras Kass
Written by richard on 05/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.