It’s getting harder and harder to ignore the effects of human carelessness on the world around us—whether you’re talking about the Holes in the Ozone caused by the emission of greenhouse gases, or the pollution of our aural environment with wack tunes. Unwilling to sit back and watch as everything goes to sh*t, Ras Kass raises consciousness regarding the former issue while doing his part to combat the latter on single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Making its world premiere as entry #17 in The DJBooth and Event Electonics’ 20/20 Music Series, this jam finds Doc Hollywood crafting a dreamy, retro-informed instrumental backdrop (complete with an eerily familiar sitar riff) as the Cali underground mainstay uses ecology as a springboard for some characteristically irreverent, allusive lyrical flames. Holes is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Ras Kass’ FILA (F*ck It Loseit All) LP, which is set for a December release. Additionally, keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 11/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.