It’s getting harder and harder to ignore the effects of human carelessness on the world around us—whether you’re talking about the Holes in the Ozone caused by the emission of greenhouse gases, or the pollution of our aural environment with wack tunes. Unwilling to sit back and watch as everything goes to sh*t, Ras Kass raises consciousness regarding the former issue while doing his part to combat the latter on single numero uno off his forthcoming full-length. Making its world premiere as entry #17 in The DJBooth and Event Electonics’ 20/20 Music Series, this jam finds Doc Hollywood crafting a dreamy, retro-informed instrumental backdrop (complete with an eerily familiar sitar riff) as the Cali underground mainstay uses ecology as a springboard for some characteristically irreverent, allusive lyrical flames. Holes is just one of many quality cuts set for inclusion on Ras Kass’ FILA (F*ck It Loseit All) LP, which is set for a December release. Additionally, keep it locked for further world premieres throughout the remainder of November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.