Only Ras Kass would have the stones to critique religion over a beat that samples a gospel song. That’s precisely what he does on B.I.B.L.E., his new single, which discusses the inconsistencies of fundamentalism. While most of his anger is aimed towards Christianity, it’s clear that when it comes to his rants, he aim is more like a machine gunner than a sniper; everyone from George Bush to Jason from Laguna Beach catches heat. He caps it all off with an audio clip of Jon Stewart interviewing an evangelical-turned-heathen, showing us that Kassian salvation isn’t too far around the corner. Producer Da Riffs is responsible for the hymn-like beat. B.I.B.L.E. will appear on his next project, Institutionalized Vol. 2, due August 5th.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)