Only Ras Kass would have the stones to critique religion over a beat that samples a gospel song. That’s precisely what he does on B.I.B.L.E., his new single, which discusses the inconsistencies of fundamentalism. While most of his anger is aimed towards Christianity, it’s clear that when it comes to his rants, he aim is more like a machine gunner than a sniper; everyone from George Bush to Jason from Laguna Beach catches heat. He caps it all off with an audio clip of Jon Stewart interviewing an evangelical-turned-heathen, showing us that Kassian salvation isn’t too far around the corner. Producer Da Riffs is responsible for the hymn-like beat. B.I.B.L.E. will appear on his next project, Institutionalized Vol. 2, due August 5th.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.