Only Ras Kass would have the stones to critique religion over a beat that samples a gospel song. That’s precisely what he does on B.I.B.L.E., his new single, which discusses the inconsistencies of fundamentalism. While most of his anger is aimed towards Christianity, it’s clear that when it comes to his rants, he aim is more like a machine gunner than a sniper; everyone from George Bush to Jason from Laguna Beach catches heat. He caps it all off with an audio clip of Jon Stewart interviewing an evangelical-turned-heathen, showing us that Kassian salvation isn’t too far around the corner. Producer Da Riffs is responsible for the hymn-like beat. B.I.B.L.E. will appear on his next project, Institutionalized Vol. 2, due August 5th.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.