On one of the most traumatic days of the year, I’m trying to refrain from listening to anything with slow heavy bass. But, when 9th Wonder sampled Toni Braxton’s How Many Ways for Rapsody’s new single, well, I think it sent my mood in a more positive direction. Off her upcoming release, Thank Her Later, new single Lemme Think brings a new shade of woman to Rapsody’s developing delivery, putting her in a rank that allows her to compete with the best of them. Since DJBooth.net’s last release from Rapsody, Return of the B-Girl, this rising artist has been winning. The leading lady for It’s A Wonderful World Music Group, on Think Rapsody spits without gender roles as she recaps her humble beginnings in rap music with Jean Grae-esque intonations wrapped with rugged appeal, while on the beat 9th Wonder consistently provides a platform for any artist to freak over, taking this ‘90s slow jam and threading a bass line for a sexy way to present this “get to know Rapsody” record. Matter of fact, this is going on repeat. Rap, you just spared me a murder charge on Valentine’s Day. Thanks!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.