Rapsody doesn’t need a DeLorean to travel back to 1996; simply throw on a boom-bap rhythm and the North Carolina spitter will find herself transported back to her hip-hop saturated youth. On The Drums, a new single off her recent, Booth-hosted street album, the Jamla signee tries to resurrect that golden age for the rest of us, reminiscing about the tunes that soundtracked her childhood over a throwback beat by label boss 9th Wonder, featuring live-band ensemble The Soul Council. Heather Victoria lends her breezy guest vocals to the chorus, and director Kenneth Price ties the package together with some fittingly nostalgic official visuals. Released back in August, Rap’s The Idea of Beautiful LP is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.