Rapsody doesn’t need a DeLorean to travel back to 1996; simply throw on a boom-bap rhythm and the North Carolina spitter will find herself transported back to her hip-hop saturated youth. On The Drums, a new single off her recent, Booth-hosted street album, the Jamla signee tries to resurrect that golden age for the rest of us, reminiscing about the tunes that soundtracked her childhood over a throwback beat by label boss 9th Wonder, featuring live-band ensemble The Soul Council. Heather Victoria lends her breezy guest vocals to the chorus, and director Kenneth Price ties the package together with some fittingly nostalgic official visuals. Released back in August, Rap’s The Idea of Beautiful LP is available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/2/12
Ceaseless Jamla representer Rapsody has released her brand new album, The Idea of Beautiful. Featuring highly-rated singles "Believe Me," "Round Table Discussion" and "Nonfiction," the album features production from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)