From its inception, hip-hop has been all about edutainment—thus, listeners shouldn’t be surprised to see that Rapsody‘s borrowed the academic format of the Round Table Dicussion for her latest feature, single number two off her Booth-hosted debut LP. Although lyrical excellence is the only consistent theme running through the conversation, there’s no arguing with the panelists Rap’s assembled for the occasion: Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller and Chi-town crew The Cool Kids jump on 9th Wonder‘s dreamy, understated sample work to complement the headliner’s bars with some freeform rhymes of their own. The “Deluxe Edition” of Rapsody’s The Idea of Beautiful LP is scheduled to hit our mixtape page for streaming and purchase tomorrow, August 28, via Jamla Records. In the meantime, why not bring yourself up to speed by taking a listen to her previous DJBooth-hosted projects, The Black Mamba, For Everything, Thank H.E.R. Now and Return of the B-Girl.
Written by richard on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.