First in Flight State emcee Rapsody has been doing it big of late, but I figured it’d be a while yet before people started accusing her of secretly controlling the world. Which just goes to show, you can’t underestimate crazy. On her first feature of the New Year, part of Jamla Records‘s fothcoming compilation, the artist clarifies that she’s part not of the Illuminati, but of the Illuminaughty, a similarly-named group mainly dedicated to looking fly in Chinchilla furs. 9th Wonder keeps it low-key behind the boards, layering murky synth-bass and ambient loops over a syncopated breakbeat as his signee tough-talks the competition. In particular, she threatens to snap the neck of anyone who dares to classify her as a “female rapper.” Featuring Illuminaughty and many more fresh cuts from the whole label roster, the Statik Selektah-hosted Jamla Is the Squad has yet to receive a solid drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.