First in Flight State emcee Rapsody has been doing it big of late, but I figured it’d be a while yet before people started accusing her of secretly controlling the world. Which just goes to show, you can’t underestimate crazy. On her first feature of the New Year, part of Jamla Records‘s fothcoming compilation, the artist clarifies that she’s part not of the Illuminati, but of the Illuminaughty, a similarly-named group mainly dedicated to looking fly in Chinchilla furs. 9th Wonder keeps it low-key behind the boards, layering murky synth-bass and ambient loops over a syncopated breakbeat as his signee tough-talks the competition. In particular, she threatens to snap the neck of anyone who dares to classify her as a “female rapper.” Featuring Illuminaughty and many more fresh cuts from the whole label roster, the Statik Selektah-hosted Jamla Is the Squad has yet to receive a solid drop date. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Update: We have added the Brian Petchers-directed visuals for Rapsody’s Illuminaughty (Chinchilla) record.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.