Over the last two weeks and change, heads in The DJBooth and beyond have been nodding along to warm-weather bangers from each member of the Jamla Records stable. Considering the uniformly stellar quality of previous Summer of Jamla releases, the label must have something truly phenomenal in store for the sixth and final installment, right? Indeed. Not only does Rapsody‘s contribution, Dark Knights, boast a characteristically masterful mic performance from the First in Flight State lyricist, but it also packs guest bars from one of the current biggest names in the game. Wale jumps on E. Jones’ tuneful beat, based around a creatively sliced and rearranged vocal sample, to deliver a high-energy closing 16. In addition to capping off Jamla‘s digital series, Dark Knights is slated to appear on Rap’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, She Got Game. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
UPDATE: Enjoy the brand new Dark Knights visuals .
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.