Over the last two weeks and change, heads in The DJBooth and beyond have been nodding along to warm-weather bangers from each member of the Jamla Records stable. Considering the uniformly stellar quality of previous Summer of Jamla releases, the label must have something truly phenomenal in store for the sixth and final installment, right? Indeed. Not only does Rapsody‘s contribution, Dark Knights, boast a characteristically masterful mic performance from the First in Flight State lyricist, but it also packs guest bars from one of the current biggest names in the game. Wale jumps on E. Jones’ tuneful beat, based around a creatively sliced and rearranged vocal sample, to deliver a high-energy closing 16. In addition to capping off Jamla‘s digital series, Dark Knights is slated to appear on Rap’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, She Got Game. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
UPDATE: Enjoy the brand new Dark Knights visuals .
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.