Over the last two weeks and change, heads in The DJBooth and beyond have been nodding along to warm-weather bangers from each member of the Jamla Records stable. Considering the uniformly stellar quality of previous Summer of Jamla releases, the label must have something truly phenomenal in store for the sixth and final installment, right? Indeed. Not only does Rapsody‘s contribution, Dark Knights, boast a characteristically masterful mic performance from the First in Flight State lyricist, but it also packs guest bars from one of the current biggest names in the game. Wale jumps on E. Jones’ tuneful beat, based around a creatively sliced and rearranged vocal sample, to deliver a high-energy closing 16. In addition to capping off Jamla‘s digital series, Dark Knights is slated to appear on Rap’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, She Got Game. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
UPDATE: Enjoy the brand new Dark Knights visuals .
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.