Over the last two weeks and change, heads in The DJBooth and beyond have been nodding along to warm-weather bangers from each member of the Jamla Records stable. Considering the uniformly stellar quality of previous Summer of Jamla releases, the label must have something truly phenomenal in store for the sixth and final installment, right? Indeed. Not only does Rapsody‘s contribution, Dark Knights, boast a characteristically masterful mic performance from the First in Flight State lyricist, but it also packs guest bars from one of the current biggest names in the game. Wale jumps on E. Jones’ tuneful beat, based around a creatively sliced and rearranged vocal sample, to deliver a high-energy closing 16. In addition to capping off Jamla‘s digital series, Dark Knights is slated to appear on Rap’s forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape, She Got Game. Watch our pages for further details on the project, which currently lacks a drop date.
UPDATE: Enjoy the brand new Dark Knights visuals .
Written by richard on 12/20/13
Comparisons can kill an artist. He or she sounds like him or her. He or she does this or that like him or her. Sure, those who came before influence each and every musician since the beginning of recorded music. Comparisons...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.