Any hip-hop fan with the Booth bookmarked knows that Rapsody is a cut above your average emcee. Even so, her pockets ain’t exactly overflowing—not yet. On Believe Me, the inaugural video single off her next street album, the artist laces Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s melodically understated, keyboard-driven production with a brutally honest account of her current situation and mindstate, reasoning that “frontin n**gas give [her] heebie-jeebies.” Think Rapsody’s realness is a beautiful thing? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on The Idea of Beautiful, scheduled for release August 28, via The DJBooth and iTunes. In the meantime, you can still stream and download her last project, The Black Mamba, on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)