Any hip-hop fan with the Booth bookmarked knows that Rapsody is a cut above your average emcee. Even so, her pockets ain’t exactly overflowing—not yet. On Believe Me, the inaugural video single off her next street album, the artist laces Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s melodically understated, keyboard-driven production with a brutally honest account of her current situation and mindstate, reasoning that “frontin n**gas give [her] heebie-jeebies.” Think Rapsody’s realness is a beautiful thing? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on The Idea of Beautiful, scheduled for release August 28, via The DJBooth and iTunes. In the meantime, you can still stream and download her last project, The Black Mamba, on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.