Any hip-hop fan with the Booth bookmarked knows that Rapsody is a cut above your average emcee. Even so, her pockets ain’t exactly overflowing—not yet. On Believe Me, the inaugural video single off her next street album, the artist laces Jamla boss 9th Wonder‘s melodically understated, keyboard-driven production with a brutally honest account of her current situation and mindstate, reasoning that “frontin n**gas give [her] heebie-jeebies.” Think Rapsody’s realness is a beautiful thing? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on The Idea of Beautiful, scheduled for release August 28, via The DJBooth and iTunes. In the meantime, you can still stream and download her last project, The Black Mamba, on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 08/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Sparklin'" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.