Though this is Supreme‘s first DJBooth feature, the up-and-coming rhymesayer is less interested in telling us about himself than paying tribute to one of his musical idols: R&B veteran Lee Fields. Borrowing its title as well as its central sample from the prolific North Carolina crooner, this newly-released single finds the artist showcasing his expressive flow over soulful production by French beatsmith JO. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh cuts await on Supreme’s Designer Drugs mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally April 19.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.