Though this is Supreme‘s first DJBooth feature, the up-and-coming rhymesayer is less interested in telling us about himself than paying tribute to one of his musical idols: R&B veteran Lee Fields. Borrowing its title as well as its central sample from the prolific North Carolina crooner, this newly-released single finds the artist showcasing his expressive flow over soulful production by French beatsmith JO. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh cuts await on Supreme’s Designer Drugs mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally April 19.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.