Though this is Supreme‘s first DJBooth feature, the up-and-coming rhymesayer is less interested in telling us about himself than paying tribute to one of his musical idols: R&B veteran Lee Fields. Borrowing its title as well as its central sample from the prolific North Carolina crooner, this newly-released single finds the artist showcasing his expressive flow over soulful production by French beatsmith JO. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh cuts await on Supreme’s Designer Drugs mixtape, scheduled to drop digitally April 19.
Written by richard on 03/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.