Rapper Big Pooh hasn’t been gone for long – in fact, the Little Brother emcee released a downloadable street album, Rapper’s Delight, just a few short months ago – but nevertheless, he has decided that it’s time to step back into the spotlight. On new single The Comeback, Pooh is out to flatten the doubters and cement his status as a lyrical force to be reckoned with. Though he begins by acknowledging the impact of increasing fame on personal relationships, the emcee sounds perfectly comfortable with his success; after asserting himself as a leader of the new school of hip hop, Pooh concludes that, though he’s made mistakes, he can live with his regrets and come out stronger for it. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League producer Khrysis‘s beat earns points for its unique arrangement and syncopated rhythm, but ultimately falls a little flat due to repetition, however the emcee’s swaggeriffic vocal hook may be enough to keep the cut running through listeners’ heads. Those impressed by Pooh’s lyrical skills can expect plenty more Delightful Bars come February 10, 2009.
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rear View Mirror" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.