Rapper Big Pooh hasn’t been gone for long – in fact, the Little Brother emcee released a downloadable street album, Rapper’s Delight, just a few short months ago – but nevertheless, he has decided that it’s time to step back into the spotlight. On new single The Comeback, Pooh is out to flatten the doubters and cement his status as a lyrical force to be reckoned with. Though he begins by acknowledging the impact of increasing fame on personal relationships, the emcee sounds perfectly comfortable with his success; after asserting himself as a leader of the new school of hip hop, Pooh concludes that, though he’s made mistakes, he can live with his regrets and come out stronger for it. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League producer Khrysis‘s beat earns points for its unique arrangement and syncopated rhythm, but ultimately falls a little flat due to repetition, however the emcee’s swaggeriffic vocal hook may be enough to keep the cut running through listeners’ heads. Those impressed by Pooh’s lyrical skills can expect plenty more Delightful Bars come February 10, 2009.
Listen to More: Rapper Big Pooh
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rear View Mirror" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.