Rapper Big Pooh hasn’t been gone for long – in fact, the Little Brother emcee released a downloadable street album, Rapper’s Delight, just a few short months ago – but nevertheless, he has decided that it’s time to step back into the spotlight. On new single The Comeback, Pooh is out to flatten the doubters and cement his status as a lyrical force to be reckoned with. Though he begins by acknowledging the impact of increasing fame on personal relationships, the emcee sounds perfectly comfortable with his success; after asserting himself as a leader of the new school of hip hop, Pooh concludes that, though he’s made mistakes, he can live with his regrets and come out stronger for it. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League producer Khrysis‘s beat earns points for its unique arrangement and syncopated rhythm, but ultimately falls a little flat due to repetition, however the emcee’s swaggeriffic vocal hook may be enough to keep the cut running through listeners’ heads. Those impressed by Pooh’s lyrical skills can expect plenty more Delightful Bars come February 10, 2009.
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rear View Mirror" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.