Rapper Big Pooh hasn’t been gone for long – in fact, the Little Brother emcee released a downloadable street album, Rapper’s Delight, just a few short months ago – but nevertheless, he has decided that it’s time to step back into the spotlight. On new single The Comeback, Pooh is out to flatten the doubters and cement his status as a lyrical force to be reckoned with. Though he begins by acknowledging the impact of increasing fame on personal relationships, the emcee sounds perfectly comfortable with his success; after asserting himself as a leader of the new school of hip hop, Pooh concludes that, though he’s made mistakes, he can live with his regrets and come out stronger for it. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League producer Khrysis‘s beat earns points for its unique arrangement and syncopated rhythm, but ultimately falls a little flat due to repetition, however the emcee’s swaggeriffic vocal hook may be enough to keep the cut running through listeners’ heads. Those impressed by Pooh’s lyrical skills can expect plenty more Delightful Bars come February 10, 2009.
Listen to More: Rapper Big Pooh Written by richard
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rear View Mirror" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.