Rapper Big Pooh hasn’t been gone for long – in fact, the Little Brother emcee released a downloadable street album, Rapper’s Delight, just a few short months ago – but nevertheless, he has decided that it’s time to step back into the spotlight. On new single The Comeback, Pooh is out to flatten the doubters and cement his status as a lyrical force to be reckoned with. Though he begins by acknowledging the impact of increasing fame on personal relationships, the emcee sounds perfectly comfortable with his success; after asserting himself as a leader of the new school of hip hop, Pooh concludes that, though he’s made mistakes, he can live with his regrets and come out stronger for it. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League producer Khrysis‘s beat earns points for its unique arrangement and syncopated rhythm, but ultimately falls a little flat due to repetition, however the emcee’s swaggeriffic vocal hook may be enough to keep the cut running through listeners’ heads. Those impressed by Pooh’s lyrical skills can expect plenty more Delightful Bars come February 10, 2009.
Listen to More: Rapper Big Pooh
Written by richard on 12/22/08
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rear View Mirror" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)