Coming to grips with one’s past is never an easy thing to do, and it only seems to get trickier the more memories you accumulate. Of course, I’m only 20, so I’m hardly qualified to comment on that; Rapper Big Pooh, on the other hand, has quite a bit to look back at through his Rear View Mirror. On this newly-released cut off his Delightful Bars mixtape, (the North American Pie retail version, out May 5th), the emcee paints a detailed portrait of his past, drawing on the memories made over more than 10 years in the game as well as a wealth of personal experience. The word “real” is slung around a lot, but this is pretty much as real as it gets—in addition to addressing the deaths of his grandmother and uncle, Pooh admits to having a few regrets, mostly revolving around once-close friendships he allowed to deteriorate. Fittingly, he’s joined by longtime collaborator 9th Wonder, whose sampled beat sets a dreamily nostalgic mood. If that provocative cover art hasn’t convinced you to pick up at least one flavor of Pooh’s Delightful Bars, this introspective cut will likely do the trick.
Listen to More: Rapper Big Pooh
Written by richard on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Comeback" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.