If you haven’t picked up Rapper Big Pooh’s latest project Fat Boy Fresh Vol. 1, I suggest you make a couple clicks and grab your headphones. However, my words may not be enough to convince you, so Big Pooh has given us a sample of his abilities on new joint RapperPooh-a-lude. Bringing along Ab-Soul and Kendrick Lamar on the track, as well as punctuation-enhanced producer Focus…, the song gives a perfect sneak peak of Pooh’s rhyme abilities. As the song starts out a capella, by the time the heavy snare and bass hit, you are already bobbing your head to some dope lyricism and an old school instrumental. While the synthesizers add some horns and flavor to the mix, so do Ab-Soul and Kendrick, as the one shows why he is one of the most underrated, and the other shows why he’s got West coast legends going crazy for him. However, my words can only do so much, so listen for yourself why even after Little Brother, Pooh has nothing to fear. And of course keep an ear out for Pooh-a-lude‘s home Fat Boy Fresh Vol. 1: For Members Only, out now.
Written by JRTheWriter on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Comeback" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.