Once upon a time, Rapper Big Pooh lusted after Gold Chains and other fly accoutrements. As he grew older and wiser, though, he came to the conclusion that expensive jewelry and designer clothes simply weren’t him. Then he started spending his money on whips—equally attractive to women, and a hell of a lot more fun. On single numero uno off the Little Brother alumnus’ forthcoming EP, The Mighty DR‘s dusty sample work backs Pooh as he recounts his growth from a young’n preoccupied with stunting into a secure, self-confident baller. Has this autobiographical jam left you hungry for more? Then keep it locked; Fat Boy Fresh Vol. 3: Happy Birthday, Thomas as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with new records and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
For Members Only
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Comeback" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.