Hey, Raphael Saadiq, the ‘60s called and they want their music back. The Grammy-winning singer/producer, who has always been known for his vintage tendencies, really kicks it old-school on his new single, Love That Girl. He takes a huge step backwards in time, past the throwback styles of Amy Winehouse and Duffy, and past the early-‘90s neo-soul trend, landing somewhere among the classic sounds of the Temptations and Smokey Robinson. The track may be labeled as “fresh audio”, but Saadiq would be the first to admit that there is nothing fresh about it. While most contemporary R&B fans may not go for it, the old and the old at heart certainly will. Love That Girl will be featured on Saadiq’s upcoming album, The Way I See It (Sept. 16).
Listen to More: Raphael Saadiq
Written by Charlie E. on 07/13/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Girl (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.