Hey, Raphael Saadiq, the ‘60s called and they want their music back. The Grammy-winning singer/producer, who has always been known for his vintage tendencies, really kicks it old-school on his new single, Love That Girl. He takes a huge step backwards in time, past the throwback styles of Amy Winehouse and Duffy, and past the early-‘90s neo-soul trend, landing somewhere among the classic sounds of the Temptations and Smokey Robinson. The track may be labeled as “fresh audio”, but Saadiq would be the first to admit that there is nothing fresh about it. While most contemporary R&B fans may not go for it, the old and the old at heart certainly will. Love That Girl will be featured on Saadiq’s upcoming album, The Way I See It (Sept. 16).
Listen to More: Raphael Saadiq
Written by Charlie E. on 07/13/08
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Girl (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.