Hey, Raphael Saadiq, the ‘60s called and they want their music back. The Grammy-winning singer/producer, who has always been known for his vintage tendencies, really kicks it old-school on his new single, Love That Girl. He takes a huge step backwards in time, past the throwback styles of Amy Winehouse and Duffy, and past the early-‘90s neo-soul trend, landing somewhere among the classic sounds of the Temptations and Smokey Robinson. The track may be labeled as “fresh audio”, but Saadiq would be the first to admit that there is nothing fresh about it. While most contemporary R&B fans may not go for it, the old and the old at heart certainly will. Love That Girl will be featured on Saadiq’s upcoming album, The Way I See It (Sept. 16).
Listen to More: Raphael Saadiq
Written by Charlie E. on 07/13/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Girl (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.