Hey, Raphael Saadiq, the ‘60s called and they want their music back. The Grammy-winning singer/producer, who has always been known for his vintage tendencies, really kicks it old-school on his new single, Love That Girl. He takes a huge step backwards in time, past the throwback styles of Amy Winehouse and Duffy, and past the early-‘90s neo-soul trend, landing somewhere among the classic sounds of the Temptations and Smokey Robinson. The track may be labeled as “fresh audio”, but Saadiq would be the first to admit that there is nothing fresh about it. While most contemporary R&B fans may not go for it, the old and the old at heart certainly will. Love That Girl will be featured on Saadiq’s upcoming album, The Way I See It (Sept. 16).
Written by Charlie E. on 07/13/08
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Oh Girl (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.