When you record a song with Jay-Z and it makes your album as the thirteenth and final track—in this situation the always-appealing bonus track—you know you have a dynamite album on your hands. Such is the case with Columbia‘s own, Raphael Saadiq, who is set to drop his highly-anticipated new album, The Way I See It, next Tuesday the 16th. In addition to tracks that feature the likes of Joss Stone and the great Stevie Wonder, the singer/songwriter/producer has included a remix to Oh Girl, featuring a 16-bar opening and ad libs by the aforementioned Hova. In his interview inside our DJBooth, Saadiq said that he wanted listeners “to talk about [his music] and go tell more people about [it].” With soulful, self-produced slow jams like Oh Girl, that won’t be a problem.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.