When you record a song with Jay-Z and it makes your album as the thirteenth and final track—in this situation the always-appealing bonus track—you know you have a dynamite album on your hands. Such is the case with Columbia‘s own, Raphael Saadiq, who is set to drop his highly-anticipated new album, The Way I See It, next Tuesday the 16th. In addition to tracks that feature the likes of Joss Stone and the great Stevie Wonder, the singer/songwriter/producer has included a remix to Oh Girl, featuring a 16-bar opening and ad libs by the aforementioned Hova. In his interview inside our DJBooth, Saadiq said that he wanted listeners “to talk about [his music] and go tell more people about [it].” With soulful, self-produced slow jams like Oh Girl, that won’t be a problem.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Submit your Rating
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.