When you record a song with Jay-Z and it makes your album as the thirteenth and final track—in this situation the always-appealing bonus track—you know you have a dynamite album on your hands. Such is the case with Columbia‘s own, Raphael Saadiq, who is set to drop his highly-anticipated new album, The Way I See It, next Tuesday the 16th. In addition to tracks that feature the likes of Joss Stone and the great Stevie Wonder, the singer/songwriter/producer has included a remix to Oh Girl, featuring a 16-bar opening and ad libs by the aforementioned Hova. In his interview inside our DJBooth, Saadiq said that he wanted listeners “to talk about [his music] and go tell more people about [it].” With soulful, self-produced slow jams like Oh Girl, that won’t be a problem.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.