When you record a song with Jay-Z and it makes your album as the thirteenth and final track—in this situation the always-appealing bonus track—you know you have a dynamite album on your hands. Such is the case with Columbia‘s own, Raphael Saadiq, who is set to drop his highly-anticipated new album, The Way I See It, next Tuesday the 16th. In addition to tracks that feature the likes of Joss Stone and the great Stevie Wonder, the singer/songwriter/producer has included a remix to Oh Girl, featuring a 16-bar opening and ad libs by the aforementioned Hova. In his interview inside our DJBooth, Saadiq said that he wanted listeners “to talk about [his music] and go tell more people about [it].” With soulful, self-produced slow jams like Oh Girl, that won’t be a problem.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)