When you record a song with Jay-Z and it makes your album as the thirteenth and final track—in this situation the always-appealing bonus track—you know you have a dynamite album on your hands. Such is the case with Columbia‘s own, Raphael Saadiq, who is set to drop his highly-anticipated new album, The Way I See It, next Tuesday the 16th. In addition to tracks that feature the likes of Joss Stone and the great Stevie Wonder, the singer/songwriter/producer has included a remix to Oh Girl, featuring a 16-bar opening and ad libs by the aforementioned Hova. In his interview inside our DJBooth, Saadiq said that he wanted listeners “to talk about [his music] and go tell more people about [it].” With soulful, self-produced slow jams like Oh Girl, that won’t be a problem.
Written by DJ Z on 09/9/08
Columbia Records/Pookie Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love That Girl" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.